Daily exercise is actually a panacea: if you want to promote your health, the best you can do is to start cycling.
Daily exercise has strong positive effects on the physical and mental health. Lack of exercise is a greater risk to health than smoking. According to the famous British medical journal The Lancet, one in ten people die due to lack of movement. These are 5.3 million deaths worldwide annually compared to 5.1 million by smoking.
A HEALTHY MIND IN A HEALTHY BODY
Cycling regularly creates a healthy body through a combination of factors:
- Physical fitness increases.
- People who exercise regularly automatically start living healthier, eat and drink less, abstain from smoking and use only little or no alcohol.
- The blood values and other health parameters change in a positive way.
- The risk of diseases decreases and the resistance to diseases increases.
- Cycling has a positive effect on the mental state.
YOU WILL BECOME MORE FIT AND FASTER
You can train and improve many components as endurance, speed, strength, agility, and coordination.
- The oxygen transport capacity of the heart-lung system increases significantly.
- The heart rate drops, both at rest and during exertion.
- Your heart becomes stronger and more efficient.
- Blood pressure becomes lower and the blood vessels become more elastic.
- The lungs become stronger and more efficient.
- The muscles become stronger. (Legs, lungs and heart)
- The bones become stronger.
- The joints remain supple and flexible.
- The energy supply in the muscles becomes more efficient. (Glycogen – and fat burning)
- Bodyweight decreases.
- Metabolism and digestion improve.
YOU GO AND LIVE HEALTHIER
The healthy way of life of cyclists has never been scientifically investigated, but no less true. Serious cyclists don’t smoke. Most cyclists also eat and drink healthier, for they realize that fitness and sports activities will be influenced in a positive way. Every pound goes through the mouth. And by eating and living healthily the body can be trained better.
YOUR HEALTH REALLY IMPROVES
Through training our condition improves, but we are also going to look better, furthermore our blood values improve and other health parameters. IF IT WERE POSSIBLE TO PUT CYCLING IN A PILL, YOU COULD SELL BILLIONS.
POSITIVE EFFECTS OF TRAINING ON HEALTH PARAMETERS
- Improve cholesterol values. (LDL lower and HDL higher)
- Insulin values are lower.
- Blood sugar values are lower.
- Bone density increases.
- Fat content is clearly decreases.
- Blood volume increases.
- Higher levels of hemoglobin and myoglobin.
- Buffering capacity of the blood increases.
- Immune system becomes more effective.
- Brain chemistry changes in a positive way. More serotonin, less adrenalin.
- Enzyme activity in the muscles improves strongly.
By cycling regularly the risk to get a disease decreases. Therefore, some US health insurances offer participants who cycle regularly, a serious discount. Also in Europe health insurances provide discount when their customers are active in ‘health centers’ on a regular base. They do so because exercising regularly is a good medicine for all kinds of physical and mental symptoms.
POSITIVE EFFECTS OF TRAINING TO AVOID THE RISK OF:
- Heart and vascular diseases
- Certain forms of cancer
- Lung diseases such as Cara, bronchitis, emphysema and asthma.
- Depression, anxiety and stress.
- Rheumatoid arthritis.
- Cystic fibrosis.
Cycling is obviously not a panacea for all ills or problems. But if you can cycle then get out and find out how delicious and healthy it is.